Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Simple things make the biggest memories.






























These are the kiddos holding the star of the Alligator show. We went to Orlando for 10 days, condo, pool, a water park, Disney, MGM, and the highlight of their trip was the $3 dollar alligator show. Go figure. I think we adults really complicate stuff. I remember on an old Oprah show their was a little girl who had just lost her Mommy to breast cancer. The family did all kinds of things to create as many memories for this little girl to have. Oprah asked her what her favorite times or memories were and she said it was eating cereal in bed with her Mommy. I have never forgot that. I think of all the little things I could be doing with my kids to create lasting memories and not wasting the time, money, and energy, trying to make every activity a grand event. Don't get me wrong, Disney was awesome and we LOVED it!!! It created many many great memories too. One of my favorite things to do is catch lightening bugswith the kids. This summer I said its almost lightening bug season. After that we were looking every night for the first signs of their blinkers. Especially my 3 year old. A few weeks ago he came running and yelling, bug house in hand " it's lightening bug season, it's lightening bug season!!" Sure enough our yard was blinking everywhere. We caught as many as we could and capped off the night with Popsicles on the swing. That's my kind of memory.

No comments: