Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Kool Aid Day

Today was a good day. There are different kinds of days for me. There are days when I wonder if I never should have had kids (I call these Kryptonite days), and most days are just normal, and there are above average good days, and then there are days like today. Today was a Kool-Aid day. All was well in the Page house. I call it a Kool-Aid day because years ago a friend of mine said that her goal was to have the "fun" house for her kids. Like on the old "Hey Kool- Aid" commercials where all the neighborhood kids are playing in the back yard and the grown ups are talking and it just all seems right. I had the grandchildren of the neighbor to the right of me over so between her group and my group there were 10 kids. I gave them pop, she gave them cookies, I hooked up the slip-n slide, it was just a great afternoon. I got my housework done, Taylor actually came to me, let me emphasize came to me, and asked what he needed to get done today and then actually did it!!!! Tori did not do one single UHHH! or stretch mom into a two syllable word at all today. Dinner went well. Just got the little ones to bed. So the day finished well. I am going to go relax and watch some shows now, because if today was a Kool-Aid day tomorrow has a good chance of being a Kryptonite day. And that is a whole other story.

No comments: