Monday, July 16, 2007

Chocolate Cake

Today is the day before our last court date for Trinity. Actually night before, it's 10:15 pm.
I am nervous. Trinty is doing so well living with us full time. She has great friends, loved school last year, and loves all her church friends and activities. I am nervous that she will go back to her mom full time and us on the weekends. Her mom will most likely get full custody of her other 2 kids back, so that means the court is finding her "fit" to parent. That also means they have to decide where Trinity is best off full time. I have not stopped thinking about this all day. Well, I did get a break because I went to dinner with Lisa. Even though we talked about the Trinity stuff, it was different than when I was dwelling on the thoughts. I hate when thoughts go through my head over and over as if they are going to be different the next time. Lisa and I had a great dinner. I really love my time with her. And she paid, WOO HOO!! Thanks Lisa, if you ever happen to read this. And OH MY GOSH, the Chocolate Cake. It was to die for. I went on a cruise a few years ago and I had the best chocolate dessert I had ever had, until tonight. This was awesome. Lisa said "this is a dangerous thing to try I am warning you". She was right I am already plotting on how I can get back there for more. Chocolate Cake is a wondrous thing to begin with, but this was like drug. I was in a worry free mood for a couple hours after that. Actually, Lisa and I planned this dinner outing a week ago and I almost forgot about it. I am so glad Lisa called to remind me. I think God whispered in her ear and said "call and remind Kristy about dinner, she needs a friend, and some chocolate cake" Amen... Praise Jesus!!! cause Lisa and Chocolate Cake hit the spot.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Great story.....you really have a way with words kiddo! BTW......I'm checkin you out frequently so don't talk bad about me....

Lipstick Bandaids & Wet Wipe Baths said...

I can't talk bad about you because any story I would tell I would probably be in too!!