Saturday, December 13, 2008

Proof is in the pee



We squeezed alot of "Holiday Stuff" into today. In downtown Carmel every Saturday in December you can see Santa, see real reindeer, and take a horse and carriage ride. There are people caroling on the streets. A man playing the violin. He gives the kids bells and they have a sing along. So it was a very fun time. We were very cold but had the essential cold weather gear to make it through the afternoon.

All of my little ones still believe in Santa. Tommy(8) Trinity(8) Timmy(5) This year there were several questions by the two older of the little ones that showed they are starting to figure it out. I came up with completely logical answers for both the little doubters and they are still convinced. But this will probably be the last year. I almost really messed up one time.

I said "we are going to see Santa today."


And Tommy said "oh we are going to the mall?"


"No we are going to Downtown Carmel"


"But Conner said he was going to see Santa and he went to the mall. So we have to go to the mall."


" No, Santa is Downtown too"


"Huh?!? What do you mean?"


OOOPS!!!! Oh man I new before I even finished the sentence I messed up big time. Okay think fast Kristy. You can do it!!!

"Okay guys alot of kids do not know this but it would take forever for Santa to actually talk to every kid and we could not all fit in one place so he has Helper Santas to be at all sorts of different places and they all report back to him. The real one happens to be where we are going today."

They totally believed me. Especially Timmy the 5 year old. He knows that he gets presents from us, other family, friends, and Santa. So he was really contemplating what he wanted to ask for from Santa. Then its really special.

We waited for 20 minutes in the cold. I do not think they were even aware how cold it was. When we walked into Santa's cottage they were in awe. So excited. Tommy could hardly speak. It was so cute. I could hardly hear him, so I have to figure out what he asked for. Timmy had no problem letting him know what he wanted, a Webkinz lizard. "Okay Santa, will you remember that?" Santa did a quick glance at me and I nodded. "Yes Timmy I will remember" Santa said. Trinity was quiet but shared her wish for Littlest Pet Shop. She did not require confirmation.


I am going to soak it all in this year. No matter how corny it is.


Then we went to see the reindeer. They were cute but the one kept peeing. Timmy said looking at the pee "see they are real".

1 comment: