Monday, April 2, 2007

Spring has sprung, loud and clear.

Wow! Spring has finally sprung. It feels so great to be out and about in our yards, on walks, waving to neighbors again. Waves that seems to say “hey, I haven’t seen you since you were doing the Christmas lights” or “woo wee, hibernations over”. But there is one thing that I always manage to do that really makes me not forget that Spring is here. Today as I was “discussing loudly” the fact that we have now lost the 4th Gym suit this school year I felt the cool breeze come in through the window. The open window, one of many open windows. Oh man, how many of my neighbors heard me yelling, I mean, discussing loudly, at my daughter. You’d think I would have remembered from last year, and the year before. Later, I was out on my front porch planting pansies. The sound of my neighbor’s voice caught my attention. She was right behind her front screen door “discussing loudly” some thing with her son. I really have no idea what it was. Then she looked out. Our eyes met. I saw a familiar look in her eyes. I gave her the “nod of understanding”. Letting her know I completely understand. No worries neighbor. Happy spring!!

No comments: