Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gracefully...

Wow, it has been quite a while since my last post. All is well in the Page house at the current time. I will settle for that. With 7 family members you never know who will have the next crisis or illness so a good day is an accomplishment. We do have to go get Taylor's bracket reattached at 3:30, hmmm, wonder how that happened, Jolly Rancher anyone? If that is the worst thing today, we'll take it!



Well my new obsession is Myspace and Facebook. This is probably a predictor of the down fall or the process of becoming uncool for these web sites. When a 37 year old suburban house wife catches on to something, its probably on its way out or at least its shelf life with the younger crowd is diminishing. ( I can't believe I just typed "younger crowd", I am getting old) . Anyway, I love these outlets. I am reconnecting with old friends and can see what family members are up to. I browse alot, looking for more people to reconnected with. Its always fun to see a person's page show up that you never expected to have a page and its a really cool page at that!!



One thing my Myspace and Facebook pages have made me realize is that I am getting old. I understand 37 is not really old, but it sure as heck is not 17. Some of these people I have not seen since high school. I mean I still look like me right? So why don't they look like them? I got up in the attic the other day and brought down my yearbooks. Now when I get a message from a friend from high school I can figure out who they were if I don't remember the name.

Most people look really good, and once I match their high school face to their current face I can totally see it and I have the "Oh Yea, I remember you" moment. I wonder how long it takes them to figure out who I was/am.



Tori walked up to me while my year book was open. After starring at the page for a good while, she asked, "Which one are you?". She did not even recognize her own mother. I said "Oh Tori, I love you but go away", then Tori screeched with excitement, "There you are, no way, Oh my gosh, you had a mullet!" I corrected her "No I did not, boys had mullets, I, had a BI-LEVEL. It was VERY in at the time." I recently pulled out Mitch's picture where he had the Flock of Seagulls hair cut. I thought she was going to pee her pants laughing.

Oh well. I guess we all loose our high school face, and I can only do the best I can with my current face. At church the other day I said to my friend Brenda in the bathroom, "look, I have neck wrinkles". Then I proceeded to show her what I wished I could pull up, pull back, or reput here and there. She so wisely said, "No Kristy, we are just going to age gracefully." Fine, what ever.

Yes I guess I will try to just age gracefully. Actually, I ought to look that up in the dictionary first to see what that really would mean or if there are any variations of 'gracefully' that could work.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Graceful - characterized by elegance or beauty of form, manner, movement, or speech; elegant.

Yep. You're doing fine and dandy. :-)